Friday, March 3, 2017

Seisen Visits Nakamachi Elementary

Last month the Seisen third graders took a short walk down Nakamachi-dori to visit another neighborhood school, Nakamachi Elementary. It was a perfect opportunity to explore our local area and meet some new friends. The students were treated to songs, dances, speeches, origami, rope jumping, and personalised school tours. Take a quick glance at the day:



In addition to making friends and having fun, it was a great chance for Seisen students to put their profile words and attitudes into practice.

Accoriding to Yurina, "I was a risk-taker, because I said my name loudly to my group, even though I didn't know the Nakamachi students. I was also a risk-taker when we did the jump rope, because I challenged myself to try."

Lucy highlighted respect as an attitude she demonstrated: "I showed respect, because when we were walking around the library, they told me their favorite book and I said 'wow'. Another example is I told them their origami skills were good."

According to Yun Hee, "I showed commitment, because I wasn't really good at origami, but I tried my best. I also got some help from Nakamachi students."

Many Seisen girls had to adjust to a school with boys. According to Seo Yoon: "I was open-minded, because I worked with the boys and a lot of people didn't want to work with the boys."

According to Emma, "I showed confidence when I performed the dance, Zootopia. I also was confident to talk and communicate with the Nakamachi students and when I did the jump rope."





Seisen third graders have another trip to look forward to soon, as we head to the Science Museum on Monday to wrap up our How The World Works Unit. Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment