Thursday, November 3, 2016

3A Getting Healthy in a Hurry

In PE, 3A recently switched with 3B and started their Health-Related Fitness unit, which is an integrated unit with the Healthy Choices unit of inquiry that they have been working on in their home class. The girls have been discussing a range of issues around health-related fitness, such as:

How exercise affects our body, both short term and long term?

"When I run too much my heart beats so fast and my legs start to hurt!" - Yuna

"I can feel the blood pumping around my body through my veins!" - Lia

"If I exercise a lot, I'll be stronger and healthier so I don't get a heart attack when I'm old!" - Ai

How the choices we make will affect us now and in the future?

"If I eat too much junk, I'll get fat!" - Kaho

"We should take the stairs instead of the elevator."
- Yuzuki

One of the many activities the girls have been enjoying is a game called Healthy in a Hurry, where they must collect a range of 'foods' from the 'shops' and sort them out into categories depending how healthy they perceive the foods to be. We had some interesting discussions about foods!




The students will soon start new units of Striking & Fielding and Kicking Skills in PE lessons.

Mr Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment